Accessibility Statement for Netherhampton Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to http://www.netherhamptonparishcouncil.com/
This website is run by Netherhampton Parish Council and is a Content Management System provided by Spanglefish.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
• Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard or Touchpad.
• Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
• Use read aloud to read documents on the website.
• Use screen readers to explain what alternative description a meaningful image holds.
• Read all text which has good levels of contrast between text and background colours.
The Netherhampton Parish Council website does not have any areas which are inaccessible to people with disabilities.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. whilst still conveying the correct meaning.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We Know Some Parts of This Website Are Not Fully Accessible:
• older PDF documents do not meet accessibility standards.
What to Do If You Cannot Access Parts of This Website
• If you need information on this website in a different format, please let us know via:
• our online feedback form
• We will consider your request and aim to reply within 10 working days.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with This Website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
• If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or think we are not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact the website team by using our online feedback form
We (Netherhampton Parish Council) are responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations.
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical Information About This Website’s Accessibility
Netherhampton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant (100%) with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non-compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
The cost of ensuring all Assistive technologies/browsers can be used to access the website is a disproportionate burden.
What We Are Doing About the Issues with PDFs and Other Documents
Many of our older PDF documents do not meet accessibility standards. For example, they may not be marked up, so they are accessible to a screen reader. The cost of making all the documents on the website accessible is a disproportionate burden.Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish in the future will meet accessibility standards.
How We Tested This Website
Our website was checked by Wave for Level A, and AA standards of the WCAG 2.1. and the screenreader NVDA was used to test our website.
Preparation of This Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 31st March 2021.The accessibility Audit was carried out by Jeff Manning (Manning Media Services)
This statement was updated on the 08th April 2021 after the content issues were fixed by Jeff Manning (Manning Media Services)
This statement was updated on the 15th April 2021 after all Spanglefish issues were fixed and resolved by Garve Scott-Lodge(plexusmedia)
This website was tested on 2 different browsers, IOS (Iphone) and Google Chrome.
The testing covered all the Success criterion for the 4 accessibilty principles (Perceivable, Operable, Understandable and Robust for Level AA (Please see the Audit Report below)